June 10, 2022
Try as we may to keep things safe at home, it’s been estimated that each year there are more than 50,000 electrical fires reported in the Unites States, resulting in approximately 500 deaths, close to 1,500 injuries, and nearly 1.5 billion dollars in property damage. Many of these unfortunate events happen during the summer months and are typically caused by a wide range of electrical issues ranging from faulty wiring and outdated electrical panels, to DIY repairs gone horribly wrong and problems that simply go ignored.
At Unlimited Electric in Rochester, we’re constantly working to educate our friends and neighbors in the Western NY area on how to ensure that you don’t become another electrical fire statistic. Here are just a few of the many reasons to have your home’s electrical system inspected annually by a professional electrician.
- Many home electrical problems start small, but can become serious quickly
- Residential electrical system inspections are essential for older homes
- Our skilled technicians can identify and resolve most electrical problems onsite
- Addressing issues early can prevent the cost of expensive future repairs
- Summer is one of the most common times for residential electrical fires
- It only takes one bad wire or loose connection to result in catastrophe
One of the saddest things about electrical fires, is that so many of them can be prevented. Having your home’s electrical system inspected annually is among the simplest and most effective ways to ensure that everything is up to code, properly connected and functioning as it should be. To schedule an inspection or learn more about how to prevent electrical fires at home, get in touch with Unlimited Electric and we’ll do our very best to help.
Unlimited Electric is located in Rochester, NY and proudly serves the needs of homeowners and businesses throughout Western NY. Give us a call at 585-223-2157 to learn more, or write to us any time through our website’s secure contact page.